Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Screaming Toad saves the day

Kelly got here about 2:15. We talked about the plan, had coffee, talked and thought some more, batted around all the ideas about how to compensate for the measuring problem and finally came out with the simplest and best solution for the joists. What a great thinker! We headed for the lumber yard and brought home four 16 foot long 2x6s for the joists. She knew how to do the hangers and we got those puppies hung in an hour and a half! Thanks, Jel!

1 comment:

oklahoma exile said...

We did. Just when I think I can do everything by myself, I am reminded that some things are better done in concert with another.
I'll never forget you reaching back, picking up, and pounding in that little piece of wood which serendipitously fit right into that joist holder!