Monday, April 24, 2006

Rain

Well, it rained for about 4 minutes. I took all my animals outside to see it since they've never seen rain before. (They are all over a year old.) They liked it! After 30 seconds, they all ran inside and watched through the front door screen. Wish I'd gotten a picture.

The goats (who did not get a chance to come inside) were headed for their shelter but it stopped before they got there so they just started chewing their cud where they stopped. There was a bit of hay in the feeders but it had a few drops of rain on it and they so don't like to eat wet hay. They are, alas, like all goats -- notorious wasters of hay. When they strew it out in their yard, I always say, "there you go again, being notorious about your hay." They pay me no mind but it doesn't stop me from telling them.

Such is life on this little farm.

No comments: